Ajax Comments is a plugin for Movable Type 4 that enables your commenters to post comments using Ajax, without the page refreshing.
The best way to describe Ajax Comments is to show you. Try it out right now on the MT Test Blog. Click here to post a comment on the test entry.
To make Ajax Rating easy to setup, 6 templates are included. The following templates are new ones:
...and 4 templates that are replacements for MT4 default templates: (Note: if you already customized these templates, you may have to do some manual template customization here. The installer will back up your existiing versions of these template.)
- Comments (template module)
- Comment Form (template module)
- Comment Preview (system template)
- Comment Response (system template)
The above templates can be easily installed by clicking the "install templates" button in the plugin settings (requires the Template Installer plugin).
- Template Installer plugin
- Download and extract the zip file. Upload the contents of the 'plugins' folder to the 'plugins' directory of your Movable Type installation.
- Go the the plugin settings (Preferences > Plugins, then click Ajax Comments then Settings). Install the templates by clicking the button.
- (Optional) Return to the plugin settings and adjust the Spam Protect settings and save.
- Edit your "Header" template module. Go to Design > Templates then choose "Template Modules" from the right side of the page. Open the "Header" template. Look for a line that says:
After that line, add the following two lines:
- Ensure that you have the "Use Comment Confirmation Page" setting checked under Preferences > Blog Settings > Comments. This is checked by default in new MT4 blogs. It must be checked for Ajax Comments to work.
- Rebuild your Entry Archives.
Get Ajax Comments
Commercial License - $97.00
Personal License - Free
Ajax Comments is free for personal, non-commercial use.
Membership required, please sign-in or register:
As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.